Photobucket

Thursday, February 10, 2011

SLOW COOKER ROAST & GRAVY

This is one of my Southern Living recipes that I just love.  I especially love the fact I can throw it all in a slow cooker and forget about it until the end of the day.  Cole my always comes in from school and says Mama, that air freshner smells so good! :)

1 (10 3/4oz.) can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 (10 1/2oz.) can condensed beef broth
1 (1 oz.) envelope dry onion-mushroom soup mix
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 ( 3 1/2 to 4 lb.) eye of round roast, trimmed.

1.  Stir together first 3 ingredients in a 5 1/2-qt. slow cooker.
2.  Sprinkle roast evenly with flour, salt & pepper.  Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large dutch oven over med-high heat.  Transfer roast to slow cooker.
3.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
4.  Remove roast from slow cooker; slice to serve.  Skim fat from gravy in slow cooker, if desired.  Whisk gravy and serve over roast.

Now my taste buds are watering!
Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment